Private antenatal sessions in Kent and London
If you are looking for some one-on-one antenatal sessions in East Kent (from Thanet to Canterbury and further afield), Hackney or other parts of London, are a bit too shy or busy to commit to a longer, group course, find they are all booked up or have already had a baby, I’m happy to offer some private birth preparation sessions in your own home at a time to suit you.
My antenatal sessions
You can direct the content, length and number of sessions and we’ll talk via phone and email to put together a programme that works for you and your birth partner. Topics can include:
- debriefing previous births
- learning about the physiological process of birth: what helps and what hinders
- discovering positions for labour and birth, active birth techniques and following your instinct
- techniques for coping with labour
- relaxation strategies
- finding out what makes the woman feel relaxed and safe in everyday situations
- thinking about how your partner can support you
- working through any anxieties and talking through your hopes
- exploring your birth preferences and writing a birth plan
- learning about how to communicate with and get good information from your midwives or doctors
If you are interested in finding out more, get in touch to discuss your needs. I don’t have a standard fee for these sessions as length/number are directed by you.
There are lots of good options in Hackney (and indeed across London), including my own, individual sessions.
My favourite group class is Jessica James’ active birth yoga, couples classes and postnatal group in Stoke Newington (N16). Another brilliant class is run by Bridget Baker in London Fields (E8). Homerton hospital runs free antenatal classes and there’s the eponymous NCT antenatal classes, which can be great or not so great depending on who is running them.
For first-timers I think a group class is usually a really great idea. A chance to explore things in detail over a number of weeks and make a network of ready-made friends who will be at exactly the same stage as you.
In East Kent you’ll want to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org who can let you know about classes in the area, including a new class in Thanet.